Composing of three islands, Cayman Islands is a British Overseas Territory in the Caribbean. Aside from being a sanctuary for those who want incredible views of the sun and seas, it’s also an offshore financial haven. You can also work remotely here. Read our guide on How to Get a Global Citizen Concierge Program Certificate for the Cayman Islands or Cayman Island Digital Nomad Visa.
The Cayman Islands is an independent state of the United Kingdom that’s only about 264 square kilometers big. It was said to be discovered by Christopher Columbus in 1503. Swim, Snorkel, Scuba dive after your work when you reside in this part of the world. Read our article to learn how to live here for a long time!
Quick Facts on Global Citizen Concierge Program Certificate for Cayman Islands (the Cayman Islands Digital Nomad Visa)
Length of Stay: Up to 2 years
Where to Apply: Online
Processing Time: 3 – 4 weeks depending on how many you are
- Party up to 2 – USD 1,469 per year
- For Each Dependent – USD 500 per dependent per year
- Credit Card Fee – 7% of total application fee
Things you need to know for the Global Citizen Concierge Program for the Cayman Islands
- You must work at an entity outside of the Cayman Islands
- If your work is terminated, then your certificate shall be terminated, too
- You can live and work remotely in the Cayman Islands
- Make a minimum annual salary depending on the category
- Individual – USD 100,000
- With Spouse /Civil Partner – USD 150,000
- With Spouse/Civil Partner and Dependent(s) – USD 180,000
- If With Dependent(s) – USD 180,000
- Dependents can also be brought with you to the Cayman Islands
- Check here to know if you are visa-free or visa required for the Cayman Islands; those needing visas must get one to enter.
Requirements for a Global Citizen Concierge Program Certificate for Cayman Islands (the Cayman Islands Digital Nomad Visa)
1. Proof of Employment or Income – On a Company letterhead showing that’s it is outside the Cayman Islands, Applicant’s Position, Length of Employment, and Annual Salary. Make sure it is at least USD 100,000 – 180,000 annually, depending on the category.
2. Proof of Legal Existence of Employer or Company – Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing, or Registration Certificates of the company with websites and social media profiles
3. Bank Reference
- Notarized bank reference – Bank Manager’s opinion of your credit standing with the length you have been with your bank and average balance of accounts
- Bank Statements – for the last 6 months
4. Proof of Identity – Copy of Passport Bio-Page
5. Police Clearance – Should be issued within the last 6 months from the last place you lived for more than 6 months
6. Proof of Health Insurance
- Applicants must have Health Insurance with a minimum of 30 days upon their arrival. I recommend SafetyWing’s Travel Insurance for this
- Then you will need to obtain local health insurance as you arrive in the Cayman Islands
Additional Requirements for Dependents
By dependents, it could mean:
- Child, step-child, or adopted child
- Parent, or step-parent
- Sibling or Half-Sibling
1. Proof of Identity – Copy of Passport Bio-Page
2. Evidence of Marital Status or Civil Partnership
3. Dependent Children – Birth Certificates or Adoption Orders
4. Police Clearance – Should be issued within the last 6 months from the last place you lived for more than 6 months
5. Proof of Health Insurance
Please note that all documents must be in English. If not, you get it translated.
How to Apply for a Global Citizen Concierge Program for the Cayman Islands
STEP 1: If you think you are qualified for the GCCP Program. Gather all the requirements needed.
STEP 2: Go to this website to apply now.
Enter your details. Don’t forget to upload the required documents.
STEP 3: Review what you have entered and Submit Form.
STEP 4: Once you have submitted it, it will be reviewed by the GCCP Team for completion and accuracy. Pay the Application Fee.
STEP 5: After making the payment, an official letter will be issued that allows you to live and work remotely.
STEP 6: Once you are approved, you will need to enter the Cayman Islands within 3 months. You will need to follow the country’s protocols as well as bring the documents you have passed. Once you can enter, you may now enjoy this incredible paradise!
Frequently Asked Questions for Global Citizen Concierge Program for Cayman Islands (the Cayman Islands Digital Nomad Visa)
1. How long will the application be processed?
The process will take about 3 – 4 weeks, depending on how many you are.
2. How long can I stay?
You can stay here for 2 years.
3. Can I work with a Cayman Employer?
No, you can only work with someone outside of the Cayman Islands.
4. Do I need a return ticket?
No, as you will be staying longer.
5. Can I go in and out of Cayman Islands?
Yes, you may. However, once you are approved, you need to come within 3 months. As for your stay, a minimum of 90 days in a 12-month period is required.
6. Can I bring my dependents to the Cayman Islands?
Yes, you can. You will need to apply together.
7. What’s the difference between being visa-exempt and this Global Citizen Concierge Program Certificate?
You can stay and work remotely in Cayman Islands with the GCCP Certificate.
8. What if I got terminated?
You must inform the Director of WORC as soon as possible as your Global Citizen Certificate will be terminated, too.
9. I have more questions or a problem, what do I do?
You can e-mail [email protected] or call 1-833-418-1191.
Those are what you need to know and how you can apply for a Global Citizen Concierge Program for the Cayman Islands. You can enjoy 24 months of living here and working at a gorgeous backdrop. During day offs, you can island-hop or learn to dive. It’s a beautiful place to be with your loved ones!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and fell in love with the journey since. I’m aiming to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, photography, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.
Are you on Pinterest? Pin these!