Another country is added to our list of places where Digital Nomads can work remotely and live for a while; Croatia. This gorgeous Central European country offers Temporary Residence for remote workers. Check out how you can get a Croatia Digital Nomad Visa.
Croatia is a European Country that lies near the Adriatic Sea. It’s one of the most popular countries in Europe to travel to as the sites and sea is breathtaking, and it’s cheaper than other EU countries. If you want to live here for up to a year, feel free to apply for a Temporary Residence. Learn more below!
Quick Facts on Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia (Croatia Digital Nomad Visa)
Length of Stay: One Year
Where to Apply: At the nearest Croatian Mission or a Police Station or Authority in Croatia
- Temporary Stay – HRK 420 at the Croatian Mission or HRK 350 at a Croatian Police Station
- Visa – HRK 460 at the Croatian Mission may have additional fees
- Biometric Residence Card – HRK 310 at the Croatian Mission or HRK 70 + 240 a Croatian Police Station
Things you need to know for a Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia
- Applicants must work through communication technology.
- The company you own or working at must be registered outside Croatia.
- Holders are not allowed to perform work or services to people in Croatia.
- The minimum earnings must be a minimum of HRK 16,142.50 per month as per this computation.
Requirements for a Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia (Croatia Digital Nomad Visa)
You will be required to have your documents in English or Croatian.
1. Application Form – filled up
2. Valid Travel Document – at least 3 months longer than stay in Croatia, e.g., passport
4. Proof of Purposes – documents proving that you are work through communication technology at a company outside Croatia. E.g.
- Statement from the employer that applicant is a remote worker or
- Contract Employer with an employer and the company should be outside Croatia and
- If self-employed – Company’s registration and proof that applicant performs tasks remotely
5. Proof of Financial Capacity – e.g., Bank Statement or Proof of Regular Income; the minimum amount is HRK 16,142.50 per month is HRK 193,710 for 12 months.
6. Proof that applicant is not Convicted of Criminal Offences – Police Certificate or document from home country or country of residence for more than a year before arriving in Croatia
7. Address in Croatia – the place where you intend to stay, you could use the address of your hotel or hostel with confirmed booking
How to Apply for a Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia (Croatia Digital Nomad Visa)
STEP 1: Check if you are eligible for a Croatia Digital Nomad Visa. Prepare all documents required for your visa application.
STEP 2: Go to the nearest Diplomatic Mission or Consular Post of Croatia to submit your application for a temporary stay.
Another option is also to submit your application to a Police Administration or Police Station in Croatia. However, this option is only for those who have not required a visa to enter Croatia.
STEP 3: Please note that you will also need to pay the temporary stay fees: HRK 420 at the Croatian Mission or HRK 350 at a Croatian Police Station.
STEP 4: Wait for approval of your temporary residence.
Once you are approved, visa-required nationals may need to apply for a visa to enter Croatia. Please go to the same Diplomatic Mission for the applications and steps. After getting a visa, you can now proceed to Croatia.
Visa-Free nationals may enter Croatia.
STEP 5: Upon arrival, go to the Police Administration or Station on your location to register your temporary address. You may need a:
- Form 8A
- Lease Contract, Statement from Land Lord, or Title Deed
STEP 6: A Residence Permit – Biometric Card will also be needed. You can get this at the embassy in advance or upon arrival. It costs HRK 310 at the Croatian Mission or HRK 70 + 240 at a Croatian Police Station.
STEP 7: Once granted a permit, enjoy a one-year stay in Croatia!
Frequently Asked Questions for a Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia
1. How will the application be processed?
It’s not stated on their website.
2. How long can I stay?
You can stay here for 1 year.
3. Do I need to have a return ticket?
There’s no need to have a return ticket.
4. Can I go in and out of Croatia?
Yes, you may.
5. Can I bring my dependents to Croatia?
Yes, you may bring them. However, you may be joined only by immediate family.
Those are what you need to know and how you can apply for a Temporary Residence for Digital Nomads in Croatia. If you are a digital nomad and are qualified and want somewhere gorgeous and affordable, you should put this in mind. Sea, sites, forts, and Game of Thrones; you will love it in Croatia!
About the Writer
Hey, I’m Lyza! I once was a person who just imagined going to places “one day” but decided to pursue my dreams. My first travel abroad was in Japan, solo, last 2018, and I fell in love with the experience. I aim to visit 10 countries before turning 30 and 2 new places in the Philippines every year. Besides traveling, I love organizing trips, taking pictures, reading, and making new friends. Follow my adventures through my Instagram.