Civil Aviation Ministry has recently released new set of guidelines for flights. This includes permission for airlines to serve pre-packed snacks, meals and beverages on domestic flights. New guidelines also state that any passenger who refuses to wear a face mask in a flight can be put on the no-fly list by the airline.Here are the details of new guidelines you should know:
Flight Guidelines for Masks
As announced by DCGA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) refusal to wear a face mask on board a flight could put a passenger on the no-fly list.
Flight Guidelines for Meals
Airlines have been allowed to provide meals on board. Airlines may serve pre-packed snacks / meals / beverages as per the policy of the Airlines. This depends on the duration of flight time subject to the following conditions :-
- In all classes, tray set-up, plates and cutlery used will be completely disposable with no re-use, or cleaned disinfected rotables will be used.
- Used disposable trays/crockeries /cutleries shall not be re-used. Used rotables shall be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected before re-use.
- In all classes tea/coffee/ non-alcoholic beverage services will be served in disposable cans/containers/bottles/glasses.
- There will be no pouring service.
- Beverages will be served in single use disposable units.
- Crew shall wear a fresh set of gloves for every meal/beverage service.
- The passengers would be informed of the above practices for strict compliance before the start of catering services by way of passenger announcements.
Flight Guidelines for IFE (In-flight Entertainment)
Wherever available, IFE may be switched on, subject to strict compliance of following guidelines:-
- Wipedown of individual IFE with approved cleaning agents.
- All IFEs will be cleaned and disinfected prior to boarding of passengers.
- Disposable earphones or cleaned and disinfected headphones will be provided to passengers at the start of the journey.
- Each seat will have its own dedicated IFE to be used only by the passenger occupying the seat.
- Over and above standard SOP for aircraft interior cleaning, all passenger touch points will be carefully cleaned and disinfected after the flight.