What’s in Quezon City Memorial Circle Plant Market?
The delightful and central park, the Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC), features an active metropolitan park with cascading various gardens within its vicinity. Amidst the urban city’s traffic at the elliptical road beside it, the QMC remains tranquil and beaming with plant life. Just located in front of the Department of Agrarian Reform, they showcase tropical gardens, herb gardens, and an urban farm.
It’s a refreshing place for walking, relaxing, biking, and strolling around with friends and family. You can shop your ideal and pleasing plants to decorate your home according to your preference with their array of stalls and collections.
There are various gardening supplies, pottery, plant accessories, horticultural crops, flowers, ornamental plants, exquisite bonsai, succulents, and even herbs that you can get at reasonable prices!
Some of the Offered Gardening Tools and Supplies
- A variety of sophisticated ceramic pots with various colors and designs of your choice, from the plain ones to the engraved ones
- Organic soil fertilizers that to supply nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and other nutrients to your beloved plants
- Mix soils to accommodate your plant’s needs.
- A variety of seedlings to start your home horticulture adventure
- Seed and starter kits to sprout and grow your seeds
- Plant accessories like row and plant markers to label your plants, cute garden edgings for assortment, and designed rocks that you can put to decorate your pots
- Bonsai accessories and tools like pliers and shears to make your bonsai look like it’s plucked out from a painting and placed on a real-life stand
- LED grow lights for design and further plant growth
- Grow tents and ventilation to ensure your plant’s care
- Landscaping tools and decorations
Some of the Plants to Choose From:
- Fresh potted herbs than you can grow in your homes like parsley, celery, chives, peppermint, oregano, jalapeno, and basil.
- Colorful roses to delight your lover, mother, or sisters
- Exquisite bonsai that you can add to your collection
- Picture-perfect orchids
- Vegetables for your own inner home garden
- Cacti and succulents for a plant compendium
- Trendy and Premium Plants like Monstera Deliciosa, Birkin, and Sensation Plants.
- Grafted fruit-bearing trees like Kalamansi, Pomelo, Dalandan, and more.
Notable Gardens to Visit at Quezon Memorial Circle
Pick your favs in the Tropical Garden.
The very own Tropical Garden of QMC displays a picturesque pond where you can sit and view the landscape while talking with a friend. This garden features tropical plants installed since 2012, which shows why some fragments of past festivals are decorating the garden.
Learn more about ferns on the Fern Garden!
Ferns are suitable for landscaping. It emphasizes the color-pop of other plants, and the Fern Garden showcases its wide variety of ferns and numerous trees on its pathway. This garden highlights an array of ferns as you stroll around the quiet place for a relaxing morning.
Admire Hardin ng Mga Bulaklak for the flower lovers!
If you’re fond of flowers, this is a perfect place to visit. The flower garden Hardin ng Mga Bulaklak bloomed from the city government’s project, Philippine Succulent and Cactus Society, and the Philippine Horticultural Society. This garden features various indigenous flowers and is often utilized for garden shows, flower shows, and festivals for your enjoyment. They also highlight varieties of waling-waling, cattleya hybrids, and orchids.
Take a Look at the Cactus Garden for the Strong and Brave Prickly Hearts
The cactus garden is located just behind the Hardin ng Mga Bulaklak, showcasing various succulents and cacti that are almost life-sized, which adds to this garden’s charms. As an additional feature to promote biodiversity, it has a greenhouse, but sadly, it’s not accessible to visitors. But if you want to find a quiet and peaceful location, this is a garden go-to!
Educate yourself at the Joys of Urban Farming
To help you achieve healthy eating and self-sufficiency, you can visit the Joy of Urban Farming. You can take home a lot of knowledge to grow your own crops just in your backyard or even in an indoor planter. This garden was launched initially by Quezon City Vice Mayor Joy Belmonte in 2010 and is now still a vital part of Quezon City’s tribute to gardeners.
Be mystified by the view of the Sunken Lagoon or the Orchidarium Garden.
A wonderful view can be seen from the Quezon City Hall, the sunken Lagoon, or the Orchidarium Garden. There are various orchids species and hybrids found here. This Lagoon was made initially for boating and fishing in the 1970s, which adds to its rich history. With this, several societies like the Cactus and Succulent Society of the Philippines, Philippine Bonsai Society, and the Philippine Orchid Society utilizes the area for entertaining garden shows.
This garden aims to share information and awareness for the visitors on the importance of biodiversity conservation. There are also various cacti, succulents, and trees as an added bonus for your visit!
Pay your respects and know the history of the Charito L. Planas Garden.
This tiny garden has a considerable history dedicated to Charito L. Planas, who died at age 87. She’s the head of the Quizon City Parks Development Foundation, which led to its initiation and vitality today as she rehabilitated the park in the early 2000s. Recently, the garden was remodeled with beautiful sculptures of playing children and a hierarchy of plaza platforms.
These are just some of the beautiful gardens you can visit to satisfy your love and cravings for plants. You should definitely visit these places to learn more, help you with your plant adventures, and experience the whole package of touring and shopping!
Why visit the garden centers instead of buying online?
Learn from your Plantito and Plantita friends! Instead of buying online, the joys of experiencing the history, knowledge, and landscapes could help you shop better and take care of what you love better. When you see the various and fresh showcased plants in the Quezon City Memorial Circle Plant Center, you’ll be delighted by the abundant choices you have, compared to shopping online. Besides the bonuses of them being affordable and sophisticated, you can get more information and ask the professional sellers who are also gardeners to help you with your planting journey!
What are you waiting for? Come and visit the beauties and wonders of the Quezon City Memorial Circle Plant Shops!