Things You Need to know
Nehru planetarium is one of the top most five planetariums in India. It is located in the green surrounding of Teen Murthi House. The planetarium was built in the loving memory of India First Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru it is a tribute to him.
The facts that the planetarium was built, was to develop the children about the method of science and become more responsible. Nehru wants every opportunity is to be given to children to learn something New and Interesting.
The Jawaharlal Nehru memorial fund was established to promote his ideas, and later it undertook the construction of the Nehru planetarium with the primary goal of promoting astronomy education. Nehru’s memorial has been added to Nehru memorial museum and Library.
The planetarium has been revolutionizing constantly and making a new feature for the visitors. The Planetarium strength depends in its programs and live interactions for its visitors, students and amateur Astronomers.
The planetarium is always lively for school, college and other astronomer. The planetarium infrastructure and projection equipment were recently refurbished, with the National Council of Science Museums, Kolkata, taking on the project as a turnkey project.
Facts about Nehru Planetarium
- The museum is built in a colonial building which had been the house for Jawaharlal Nehru for a long time.
- Jawaharlal Nehru planetarium is very famous among tourist, student and Astronomer, the sky theater of the planetarium attracts numerous of people to the planetarium.
- The planetarium is great fun learning platform about the Astronomy for children and adults.
- Soyuz T 10 is one of the major attraction, that is first flied by Rakesh Sharma with his space suit and mission journal.
How Can You Reach the Planetarium?
- By Metro: – Nearest Metro Station Udyog Bhawan after that 24 min walking distance.
- Bus: – Near Bus Stand is Teen Murthi after that 4 Minutes walking Distance.
The show timing given below: –
|11:30 am||English||Story of Universe|
|01:30 pm||Hindi||Story of Universe|
|03:00 pm||English||Story of Universe|
|04:00 pm||Hindi||Story of Universe|
Nearby places you can visit after Nehru Planetarium
|Name of the Place||Timings||Closing Days||Distance|
|Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya||10:00 am to 6:00 pm||Closed on Monday Only.||5 min, 400 m|
|Teen Murthi Bhavan||9:00 am to 5:30 pm||Closed on Monday Only.||4 min, 300 m|
|Nehru Memorial Museum and Library||9:00 am to 5:30 pm||Never closed||4 min, 350 m|
|Nehru Park||5:00 am to 9:00 pm||Never Closed||7 min, 3.7 km|
|Rashtrapati Bhavan||9:30 am to 5:30 pm||Closed on Saturday and Sunday||8 min 2.9 Km|
In this we learn about how much this is means to all of us, without it we can’t be able to learn from textbooks about stars and other worlds, this planetarium shows us the different world that is exist above there.
It was built to enhance the education in astronomy between students and peoples.
The time would be needed One and half hour to two Hours, to explore whole museum, but you can take extra time if you want to go in depth.
All the seats are best when you are watching the show, every seat has its own view, but if you ask for a personal favorite it would middle row with middle seat.